Reading what's on your mind ZUM
In today's internet and mobile-driven society, we make it our mission to evolve with the changing needs of our users.
"Reading what's on your mind, ZUM" reflects ZUM Internet's mindset to evolve with our users.
A promise to continuously enhance our user experience, service technology and deliver value.
Finding value in knowing our users < Executing ideas into reality < Advancing technical capabilities to better serve users' needs
- Technical capabilities built around our proprietary search engine and big-data analysis capabilities
- Deep understanding of the objectives and habits of mobile/web users
- Global issues and trends
- Cultural differences and personal preferences
- Search, analyze and advance our services
- Deep understanding of the changing needs of our users
- Have clear vision and spark innovation
- ZUM Internet Corporation
- Wooseung Kim
- 10 June, 2009
- Banpo-daero 3, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea(7F)
- Internet and Mobile Service
zum.com (Search Portal)
egloos.com (Blog Service)
Swing Browser (Browser Service)
- 2009. 06
- Established EST M&S Corp (CEO: JS Park)
- 2010. 10
- Established EST Internet Corp (CEO: JJ Kim)
- 2010. 07
- Established Company-Affiliated R&D Center of EST M&S
- 2011. 11
- Open 'NEWS ZUM'
- 2011. 10
M&A EST M&S and EST Internet
Changed the company name to ZUM Internet Corp (CEO: JJ Kim, SJ Park)
Monthly user of zum.com Exceeding 1 million
- 2011. 09
Launch Open Type Portal 'zum.com'
Launch ZUM Widget and Widget Store
- 2012. 12
- Award Grand prize of Internet Eco-Award
- 2012. 11
- Launch Swing Browser for iOS and Android
- 2012. 10
- Release update of Search ZUM Beta2
- 2012. 09
- Launch 'ZUM Developer Center'
- 2012. 06
- Launch 'Aha ZUM'
- 2012. 05
- Monthly user of zum.com Exceeding 6 million
- 2012. 02
- Launch 'Search ZUM'
- 2013. 12
Rank 3rd of Local Search Market Share
Release official version of 'Swing Browser' for PC
- 2013. 11
Release 'Cloud Search Engine 2.0'
Launch Mobile zum application(Android, iOS)
- 2013. 10
- zum.com monthly search share exceeding 1%
- 2013. 09
- Take over Blog Specialized service 'Egloos'
- 2013. 02
- Launch zum.com 2.0
- 2013. 01
- Release beta version of 'Swing Browser'
- 2014. 11
- Launched 'Open Internet Search' and 'Stock interest in internet'
- 2014. 08
- Renewal of 'Real-Time response' search
- 2014. 07
Swing Browser' reaches 1 million monthly unique users
The number of accumulated download reaches 2.9 million
- 2014. 07
- Launched zum 3.0
- 2014. 05
- Launched 'TV internet interest'
- 2014. 04
- Launched Open Beta service for 'Time: Tree'
- 2014. 03
- Launched 'Search Social Commerce'
- 2014. 02
- The number of monthly users reaches 0.7 million mark
- 2015. 12
- Opened 'Shopping zum' Soho mall qurating service
- 2015. 10
- Exceeding 10 million monthly unique visitors of zum.com
- 2015. 09
- Lauched 'Timetree' official service
- 2015. 08
- Added convenient function of Swing Browser(reservation Web Surfing, Server time check)
- 2015. 07
- Ranked 3rd in share of front page selection
- 2015. 06
12th anniversary of 'Egloos' blog service
Lauched 'Hub zum' Beta service
- 2015. 05
Swing Browser' reaches 10 million accumulated downloads
Launched 'Shopping zum'
- 2015. 04
- Launched 'Swing Browser' 2.0
- 2015. 03
- Renewal of 'Site Search Ranking' Service
- 2016. 12
- Launched CBT of 'Egloos App for Mobile'
- 2016. 06
- Listed on the KONEX Market
- 2016. 02
- Opened 'Swing Browser' 3.0
- 2016. 01
Opened high quality content platform 'Hub ZUM'
Opened '2015, Search Keyword of the Year'
- 2017. 10
- Provided AI-based document classification search service
- 2017. 09
- Opened 'Stock Information' service
- 2017. 08
- Launched of Egloos IOS mobile app
- 2017. 07
- Opened 'Legal Information search' service
- 2017. 06
- A.I Technology Research MOU with Handong University
- 2017. 05
- Exceeding 2% in share of Search queries in Korea
- 2017. 04
- Renewal of Map Search Service
- 2017. 01
- Appointed Mr. Wooseung Kim as the CEO of ZUM Internet